Cheesy Vegan Tofu Scramble
- 1 14 oz block of organic extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free
- reduced sodium tamari
- ½ teaspoon kala namak aka Indian black salt or Himalayan black salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 ½ tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Sea salt or kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Remove tofu block from package, drain off any excess water and pat slightly with paper towels so it's not sopping wet. Hold the block of tofu in one hand and use your other hand to crumble it right into the skillet.
2. Once all of the tofu is in the skillet, stir in the tamari. After the tamari is mixed in, add the black salt and turmeric. Stir to combine until fully incorporated. You will notice the color of the tofu changing to yellow as you mix. Once the black salt and turmeric are mixed in well, add the nutritional yeast. Stir until well combined.
3.Continue to cook over medium-high to high heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until most or all of the moisture has dissipated. Season with sea salt or kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, if desired.