Grilled Tandoori Chicken
- 1 kiwi
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 cup yogurt 2% fat
- 1 lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper or 2 if you can really handle it
- Spices: 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp aniseed powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 cardamom
- deseeded and crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken skinless on the bone cut in 8 pieces
1. In a small food processor, add kiwi, garlic, ginger and jalapeno and blend until smooth consistency. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients – except the chicken 0 and mix well.
3. Combine the kiwi mixture with the spice-yoghurt mixture.
Add the chicken and mix until all the pieces are coated. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven to 420ºF. Oil a wire cooling rack and place on top of baking sheet. Arrange chicken on rack and grill for about 30-35 minutes, or until juices run clear. Turn on broiler and broil until charred in spots, watching closely.